[Rtk-users] Issues with displaced detector filter when running FDK inline with acquisition

Nick Staut nick.staut at smartscientific.nl
Mon Sep 19 12:16:28 CEST 2022

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to use RTK to run a reconstruction during acquisition which runs without issues and returns an acceptable result if I disable the displacedDetectorFilter. However, when I try to enable the displaced detector filter before getting sufficient projections (+ more importantly for the ddf: geometry entries) I get the following error:
"ITK ERROR: Cannot account for too large detector displacements, a part of space must be covered by all projections."

I saw that the old rtkinlinefdk implementation (from RTK v1.4 after which it seemed discontinued) manually set the minimum and maximum offsets to the displacedDetectorFilter, however if I do the same now it still fails.

To provide a reproducible example I recreated the rtkinlinefdk application following the original format (with small modifications to mimic what I do in my code these modifications are mentioned at the comment at the top of the cxx file). I attached all required files for the example application to the e-mail, it should just compile if you recompile RTK with this unzipped folder in you application directory. Once I understand the issue with the displaced detector filter I could also create a pull request for this rtk application if this is considered useful.

Kind regards,
Nick