[Rtk-users] Compensation for object rotation off center

Eldridge, Bryce Duncan bdeldri at sandia.gov
Thu Nov 16 23:55:25 CET 2023

I am trying to create a 3D reconstruction using data captured with a rotating turntable, and everything is working mostly correctly.

However, the object is not exactly centered on the vertical rotational axis of the table so the reconstruction does not look quite right, some features are sort of blurred/smeared since they are moving in a circle.

Is there some way to account for the object being off-center using RTK? I have looked some in the documentation and examples but didn't find anything that looked like what I need, if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Possibly in the projection geometry, but is there also a way to determine this offset from the projection images themselves?