[Dcmlib] Re: gdcm with BCB6

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Jul 1 20:03:28 CEST 2005

Luca,

	I am ok with this patch:

> #if defined(__BORLANDC__)
> #if (__BORLANDC__ < 0x0560)
> #define OLD_BORLANDC
> #endif

	I am ok with this patch:

> // Broken plateform do not respect C99 and do not provide those typedef
> #if defined(_MSC_VER) || defined( OLD_BORLANDC ) || defined(__MINGW32__)
> typedef  signed char         int8_t;
> typedef  signed short        int16_t;
> typedef  signed int          int32_t;
> typedef  unsigned char       uint8_t;
> typedef  unsigned short      uint16_t;
> typedef  unsigned int        uint32_t;
> #define UINT32_MAX    (4294967295U)
> #endif

	I am absolutely not ok with this one:

 > #if defined(__BORLANDC__)
 > #if !defined(OLD_BORLANDC)
 >  #include <stdint.h>
 >  #include <ctype.h>
 >  #include <stdlib.h>
 >  #include <windows.h>
 > #endif
 > #endif

	stdint.h is already included here:

 > #ifdef CMAKE_HAVE_STDINT_H
 >    #include <stdint.h>
 > #endif

	windows.h is not needed, and is always included when needed. As for
ctype and stdlib, I would rather include them in the implementation file.

	Luca could you do me a favor and remove those lines:

 > #if defined(__BORLANDC__)
 > #if !defined(OLD_BORLANDC)
 >  #include <stdint.h>
 >  #include <ctype.h>
 >  #include <stdlib.h>
 >  #include <windows.h>
 > #endif
 > #endif

	And recompile, then send me the error/warning log file. Also in your
binary tree (where you compile gdcm), you'll find a file called
CMakeCache.txt, could you sent it to me, I need to check that
CMAKE_HAVE_STDINT_H=1

Thanks a bunch, your report is extremely valuable