[Dcmlib] Bugged DICOMDIR

Jean-Pierre ROUX jean-pierre.roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Jul 1 23:36:05 CEST 2005

Hi, everybody!

A few months ago, I was given DICOMDIRs coming from 25 different sources.

Guess what.
They all work with gdcm, but one.
The Philips 'ViewForum' one...

A 'Sequence' has a wrong length, and, since it's written with a
legth, it hasn't got any 'Sequence Delimitor Item'...
That's why it hangs e-film and DicomWorks as well.

It's really hopeless.
I'll add it in the 'Definitively_Bugged' directory.

--> Sorry, Marlene, I told you I'll find a trick.
I wont. :-(
The best you have to do is to build up your own DICOMDIR
- cd in a directory of your own (on your HD)
- MakeDicomDir dirname="C:\\ and so on "
Don't forget the "\\" !
The file full pathnames are written in the DICOMDIR.
If you 'open' the newly made DICOMDIR, you'll be able to select the
files you want to work with.

JPRx

   Jean-Pierre ROUX
   CREATIS - CNRS UMR 5515, INSERM U 630