[Dcmlib] 'Extended' tag for Sequence embedded Entries

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Jul 12 01:08:09 CEST 2005

Jean-Pierre Roux wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

>>> Jean-Pierre Roux wrote:
>>> Mathieu.

>>> JP,
>>>
>>>     I am not sure I understand what you mean, how accurate is the
>>> description of TagKey in gdcmCommon.h (doxygen documentation) ?
>>

>> Great in that case I would like to commit my patch, that change TagKey
>> from a std::string to a union { uint16_t[2] };
>

> We all are expecting you to commit your patch ;-)

So now the only problem is that TagKey is also expected to contains VR,
VM and Name. See code in:

gdcmDictSet.cxx:

     char res[10];
     sprintf(res,"%04x|%04x", group, elem);
     TagKey tag = res;
     tag += "#" + vr + "#" + vm + "#" + name;

So which one is true ? The definition of TagKey in gdcmCommon.h ? Or the
code in gdcmDictSet.cxx.

I cannot seem to find a way to get rid of this code. We need to figure a
way to rewrite the VirtualEntries apporach to avoid constructing those
string.