[Dcmlib] 'Extended' tag for Sequence embedded Entries

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Jul 12 14:42:50 CEST 2005

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Jean-Pierre Roux wrote:
>
>> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

[...]

>> We all are expecting you to commit your patch ;-)
>

> So now the only problem is that TagKey is also expected to contains
> VR, VM and Name. See code in:
>
> gdcmDictSet.cxx:
>
>     char res[10];
>     sprintf(res,"%04x|%04x", group, elem);
>     TagKey tag = res;
>     tag += "#" + vr + "#" + vm + "#" + name;

vm and name are useless, anyway.

> So which one is true ? The definition of TagKey in gdcmCommon.h ? Or
> the code in gdcmDictSet.cxx.
>
> I cannot seem to find a way to get rid of this code. We need to figure
> a way to rewrite the VirtualEntries apporach to avoid constructing
> those string.

Actually, VirtualEntries just exist because we *wanted* no to store the
VR in the DocEntry, but use the one stored in the DictEntry.
(Well... I never had the guts to disagree as atrongly as necessary)
And now, the existence of VirtualEntries doesn't allow us to work
properly ...
One thing I'm gonna do (Benoit agrees), is to store the VR *in* the
DocEntry (as a char array -fed up with time wasting std::strings-), and
remove the concept of VirtualEntries.
Everything will became clearer and quicker.
JP