[Dcmlib] new DicomDir syntax: aka Deprecation pass

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Jul 13 21:24:40 CEST 2005

Luca,

	Hum this is pretty bad. I thought the old functionanlities where being
kept back...
	I would like then to introduce a deprecation mechanism that will
prevent event like this. A number of compilers (well in fact only
gcc/and visual studio but there are the main one), support a notion of
'deprecated functions'. Therefore at *compiler* time the code produces
warning like:

...this function is deprecated...

But the at run time the code still works ok.

	JP can we keep the old API or is this too much troubles ? Is this
already broken ?

Thanks,
Mathieu