[Dcmlib] [Fwd: Images axial acquisition order]

Jean-Pierre ROUX jean-pierre.roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Sun Jul 17 05:33:40 CEST 2005

At 13:58 +0200 16/07/05, Luca Picello wrote:

>Hello everybody again,
>I wonder if with vtkGdcmReader I can read images with correct axial
>acquisition order.
>I observe I have right swapped with left in my image datas...
>it's really nasty and I feel it's similar to yesterday's reported issue
>we do need absolutely SerieHelper in vtkGdcmReader asap :-(

Hi, everybody.

I just finished testing a new feature for vtkGdcmReader.

We can now :

gdcmSerieHelper *sh = new gdcmSerieHelper();
sh->SetDirectory(myImageDirectory, true);
gdcmFileList *l = s->GetFirstCoherentFileList();
s->OrderFileList(l);

vtkGdcmReader *gr = new vtkGdcmReader();
gr->SetCoherentFileList(l);

This works with a directory that contains only one 'Serie' (same
Serie UID for all the images).
If it contains more than one serie, you'll have to loop on the Series, using
GetNextCoherentFileList();

(That's why gdcm::SerieHelper is used outside of vtkGdcmReader, not inside)

PS :
OrderFileList orders the images :
- on the 'Image Position Patient'
   if it's not found or if there are more than one image at the same position,
- on Image Number
   if image numbers are not coherent,
- on the file names :-(
We can easyly add more sorting conditions.

I'll commit it soon.

I don't understand the pb with write/left swapping in images ?

Jean-Pierre

>luca

   Jean-Pierre ROUX
   CREATIS - CNRS UMR 5515, INSERM U 630