[Dcmlib] GetCoherentFileList (std::string serieUID)

Jean-Michel Rouet jean-michel.rouet at philips.com
Fri Jul 29 11:07:50 CEST 2005

"Olivier Stern" <olivier.stern at swing.be> wrote on 29/07/2005 10:09:20:
> Well... no I was passing group=0x0020, element=0x000d. (what s the
> difference between these 2 elements ?). I changed it, but it's still not
> working. I made printf to see the value of group=0x0020, element=0x000e
and
> then pass it in argument... I don't understand.

for info:
0020 000d UI 1 Study Instance UID
0020 000e UI 1 Series Instance UID

If I look to the gdmcSerieHelper.cxx file, I see that the AddFileName()
method sorts the file according to the serie instance uid (0x0020/0x000e).
Moreover, the method SetDirectory() that you are using makes subcalls to
AddFileName() for each file of the given directory.

normally, you get the uid string by doing (in short and without any
precautions):
gdcm::File *header = new gdcm::File( filename );
std::string uid =  header->GetEntryValue (0x0020, 0x000e);

are you sure that the uid string is really identical to the one you have
passed in to the GetCoherentFileList() method?