[users at ionimaging] Data sharing of pRad images

Fritz DeJongh fritz.dejongh at protonvda.com
Fri Apr 5 19:04:34 CEST 2019

Dear ion imaging researchers,

As some of you may know, we're completing a project funded by NCI to
develop a proton radiography system.  Our effort has been a collaboration
between ProtonVDA, Northwestern Proton Center, Loyola, and Northern
Illinois University.  We have integrated detectors, electronics, data
acquisition, and image reconstruction into a system that can automatically
produce proton radiographs.  Our first publications will soon appear, and
more are on the way.  We have also made our first pCT image.

NCI has asked us to look for ways to share data with researchers.  One idea
is to provide data on proton positions, directions, and WEPL, after all our
calibrations, alignments, and processing, so the data is ready for proton
path estimation and image reconstruction.  This will enable other
researchers to try out their image reconstruction with real proton data.

If there is interest, we would start with data for a pediatric head
phantom, for which there is a detailed voxel map published by Valentina
Giacometti et al: (
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/312519474_Development_of_a_high_resolution_voxelised_head_phantom_for_medical_physics_applications
)

If you are interested, or have questions or suggestions, please contact
me.  We also expect to have representation at Manchester.

Sincerely,

Fritz DeJongh
fritz.dejongh at protonvda.com