[Dcmlib] New Features (to be)

Jean-Pierre Roux jpr at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue May 4 17:10:06 CEST 2004

 Hi !

  Taking into account the 'Dicom Sequences' leads up to introduce  new
concepts (and new classes) :
         a 'gdcmDocument' is composed of a set of Doc Entries, that are
          - elementary gdcmDocEntries (former gdcmHeaderEntries)
          - Sequence Doc Entries (gdcmSeqEntries)
         a Sequence is composed of Items.
         Each item is a set of Doc Entries (this is recursive)
         The non uniqueness of the 'Dicom tag' is due to this recursivity
         (never taken into account)
         Our unability to add a new 'entry' in the header
         at the proper location (neither in the H-Table (map or multimap),
     nor in the Chained List is also due to this recursivity.
         Don't try, right now, to use/modify/compile these new sources :
     nothing is finished.
         We just commit all the stuff, 'as is', in order not to loose it.

JPRx