[Dcmlib] gdcm becoming too good ... or too bad ? : Image without Transfer Synatx

Jean-Pierre Roux Jean-Pierre.Roux at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Oct 26 08:57:40 CEST 2005

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> I have purposely added an abort in gdcm code. Because I believe we
> will never ever find this case. Only gdcm is so broken that it allow
> reading DICOM file without Transfer Syntax.

None of the ACR-NEMA file has a Transfer Syntax field.
Our purpose was to read ACR-NEMA, as well (not only DICOM V3 images)
When a file !IsDicomV3(), the pixels are considered to be a 'Raw State'
(uncompressed) :IsRaw = true, and everything goes on *normally*.

--> comment out the abort, on purpose.
JP