[Dcmlib] Fwd: JasPer 1.900.0 Available

Mathieu mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 18:59:40 CET 2006

--- In jasper-announce at yahoogroups.com, Michael Adams <mdadams at ...> wrote:

Dear JasPer Users:

I am pleased to announce the availability of JasPer version 1.900.0.
Numerous changes have been made to the software since the last release.
A few of the highlights are listed below.  This list is in no particular
order, and is not intended to be exhaustive.

1) The wavelet transform code has been rewritten in order to be more
cache efficient (via loop tiling).  As a few individuals have noted,
the old code could often result in an excessive number of cache misses.

2) Some man pages have been added to the distribution as provided
by Roland Stigge <stigge at ...>.

3) Some simple timer routines have been added to facilitate performance
measurements.

4) Numerous bugs have been fixed (e.g., memory leaks, JP2 box processing
problem, etc.).

5) Some name space pollution issues have been resolved.

6) A few compiler warnings have been fixed.

I would like to thank the individuals listed below for providing
reports/patches/corrections for some of the bugs fixed in this release.
(My apologies if I have missed any names here.)
    Ben Harper <rogojin at ...>
    Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at ...>
    Bob Murphy <bobert at ...>
    Conrad Terrill <conrad.terrill at ...>
    David Pritchard <davidpritchard at ...>
    d binderman <dcb314 at ...>
    Eric Brooks <ebrooks at ...>
    Francisca Munoz <franmuno at ...>
    Guillaume ODIN <guillaumeodin at ...>
    jabbah_69 <yahoo at ...>
    James Lacey <James.Lacey at ...>
    jefferypalmer <jefferypalmer at ...>
    Jens Brandenburger <bjens at ...>
    Kaspar Daugaard <kaspar at ...>
    Larry Beck <larry at ...>
    Martin Willers <willers at ...>
    Matthias Kurz <mk at ...>
    Pavel Nemec <pnemec at ...>
    Pierre-e Gougelet <webmaster at ...>
    Ray Johnston <ray.johnston at ...>
    rexdieter <rdieter at ...>
    Scott Marovich <marovich at ...>
    Stefan Sikora <hoshy at ...>

The new JasPer release is available from the JasPer Project Home Page
(i.e., http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~mdadams/jasper) and the JPEG web site
(i.e., http://www.jpeg.org/software).

Regards,
Michael

---
Michael Adams, Assistant Professor
Dept. of Elec. and Comp. Engineering, University of Victoria
P.O. Box 3055 STN CSC, Victoria, BC, V8W 3P6, CANADA
E-mail: mdadams at ..., Web: www.ece.uvic.ca/~mdadams

--- End forwarded message ---