I am an associate professor HDR in the Electrical Engineering Department at INSA Lyon and in the CREATIS lab, CNU 61, doctoral school EEA.
DLMI 23 restricted area is here
I received my Electrical Engineering degree from ISTASE (now Telecom Saint-Etienne) in 2001, my M. Sc. degree (major Image Processing) from the University of Saint-Etienne in 2001, and my Ph.D. degree (Image Processing) from the National Institute for Applied Sciences of Lyon (INSA-Lyon, France) in 2005. In 2023, I obtained the HDR (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches) at INSA-Lyon / Université de Lyon with the doctoral school EEA (more details here).
I have been with CREATIS, a joint laboratory of the « Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique » (CNRS), the « Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale » (Inserm), the « Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon » (INSA Lyon), and the « Université de Lyon » since 2001. My research interests are in medical image segmentation, clustering, and filtering, particularly in methods involving feature space and scale-space approaches and -of course- deep learning approaches. I am engaged in the Myriad team. I have contributed to 20 papers and co-supervised 5 PhD students
- From 2008 to 2014, I was the head of the International Master of Embedded Systems and Medical Image Engineering IMESI program .
- From 2009 to 2013, I manage the public relations of the Electrical Engineering department of INSA Lyon.
- Since 2009, I am in charge of relations with IT and the pedagogic platform.
- From 2016 to 2020, I was the head of the last year’s major on signal and image processing in the electrical engineering department.
- Since 2018 I am co-head of the pedagogic work package of Labex PRIMES. I manage the lab room creation and usage actually used about 200h/year per 10 different formations. I have also created and organized the deep learning in medical imaging school (first edition in 2019, 2nd edition in 2021, 3rd at Montreal in 2022, 4th edition at Lyon in 2023): a one week school, with at least 70 full participants (more than 100 partially registered) and 4 hands-on sessions, round table, poster session and many social events.
- Since 2019, I am in charge of animating and managing the MUSIC transversal project on Multiple Slcerosis and neuro-inflammation at the CREATIS laboratory (13 members).