Targeted Radionuclide Therapy (TRT) is a promising cancer treatment that consists to deliver therapeutic doses of radiation to malignant tumors, for example, by administration of a radio-labeled molecule designed to seek out certain cells. Such types of therapies are studied at the Léon Bérard cancer treatment center in collaboration with CREATIS CNRS research lab (Lyon, France). The treatment workflow is complex with a large number of images (CT scan, MR, nuclear SPECT or PET images), simulations, and analysis for each patient. Moreover, the process involves a lot of interactions between clinicians (nuclear medicines, medical physicists, radiologists, …).
In order to manage this process and help clinicians, we developed a web-based software based on different technologies:
- a database management software dedicated to nuclear medicine, developed in C++
- Understand the online image viewer and integrate it into the web framework.
- Develop additional features: image overlay, fusion and ROI (Region Of Interest),...
- Enhance the user experience (window/level, manual registration,…).
- Education: computer science engineering student.
- Scientific interests: medical imaging.
- Medical software experience, Dicom knowledge are a positive point.
- Languages: English and/or French